Mom and Dad got me a CB for my birthday and I installed a little custom set-up on the Rover. It is a hand-held unit, which allows me the flexibility to have it in the Land Rover and to take it with me backpacking.The weather band is extremely useful to monitor changing weather conditions when we are out in the mountains out of range of Tiff's blackberry or when we are traveling. The CB is the most common form of communication on the trails also. The caravans can relay trail information, water crossing depths, and other important info.
I mounted the antenna to spare tire carrier which places it out of harms way. With the antenna protected behind the truck, branches break the antenna or tear it off the top or front of the vehicle. The coaxial cable runs through the rear door under the seats, through the console, then up to the CB. I also have temporary power running, so I can unplug it easily.
It works great and the tr


uckers are hilarious to listen to. Here are some pictures of how it looks.


No comments:
Post a Comment