We went back up to Mountain Side Cabins in Hot Springs this weekend for Tiffany's birthday. Liz's and Tiffany have the same birthday, so we had a double celebration!The weather was beautiful and autumn is starting to show itself here and there. We stayed in the same cabin again and stayed just the one night up there. I also meet Scott, the owner, who told us about a mill house up above the cabins that he used to build them, which was a neat fact.
We made 4:45pm reservations in the hot tubs also. Hot Springs was established in 1780 when a bath house was built over the mineral hot spings. It became a vacation and healing destination since then. The tubs get water pumped directly into them. I took a picture of the original bath house ruins, which are in the rebuilding stages right now.



I got a great picture of Olive discovering a box turtle on Sunday morning. She and I hiked up behind the cabins on a two track that runs up the saw mill.


We had a great time and Marshall and Olive got to meet each other finally. Olive got a chance to bite on Marshall's lips and Marshall got 10 chances to sniff Olive everywhere.






No comments:
Post a Comment